When calling law enforcement, tell the dispatcher of:
- Any serious injuries you have suffered
- Whether the abuser is still there or has threatened to return soon
- If there is a weapon involved
- Whether the batterer is under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- And if there is a temporary restraining order against the batterer
The Women’s Center–YFS is a confidential place where families who are experiencing domestic violence and/or sexual assault can seek services.
Because we are state funded we are also mandated reporters. If at any time you tell us the following information we will make a report to the appropriate authorities:
- Child Abuse
- Elder Abuse
- Dependent Adult Abuse
If you want to report any of the above mentioned abuse, please contact your local Law Enforcement or Human Service Agency.